Before booking please read our booking terms & conditions below. If you are unclear about any points please give a ring to discuss. When we take any payments we assume that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the conditions.
How to book online and confirm the booking with a card payment
1. Click on ‘Book Online’ at the top right of the screen
2. Select your date of arrival and click on it. Please note that if the date square is green then it is available, if it’s yellow then you cannot arrive on that date (we are Saturday to Saturday between Easter and end of October), and if its burgundy then it’s unavailable.
3. A list of available properties will appear so just choose the property you want by clicking the drop down box at the right of the screen (to the right of the price) and changing the ‘0’ to a ‘1’. Ignore the fact that it says ‘rooms required’ and not ‘properties required’! Now just click on the ‘Book Room(s)’ button and follow the instructions. Please note that your card details are safe and secure and no money will be taken from your account until we have contacted you by phone or email. We will do this at the first possible opportunity.
4. Bookings of 7 nights or more must be confirmed with a non-refundable deposit of £100 per property per week. We will then post out a final invoice to you for the balance due TWO MONTHS prior to your holiday commencing. This must be paid by return.
How to make a general booking enquiry or request a provisional booking
We can hold a provisional booking for up to five working days without any obligation to book. You can do this by the following methods:
- By phone: It is recommended that you make your provisional booking by phone to check the dates you require are still available. Contact us on 017684 82308.
- By e-mail: You can use the contact form on this website by clicking the ‘contact’ tab and entering your information into the boxes. We will e-mail or phone you back as soon as we can to fulfil your request or answer your query. Alternatively you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirming your provisional booking
Please note that all prices on this website are inclusive of V.A.T.
- Bookings of 7 nights or more must be confirmed with a non-refundable deposit of £100 per property per week. We will then post out a final invoice to you for the balance due TWO MONTHS prior to your holiday commencing. This must be paid by return.
- All short stays of 6 nights or less are payable for in full at the time of booking.
- If you do not wish to book online then you can pay by card over the phone – all major credit and debit cards are accepted (not American Express though, sorry!). Alternatively you can send us a cheque made payable to “Patterdale Hall Estate Ltd” along with your contact details. As soon as we receive payment we will post out confirmation to you.
Booking Terms & Conditions
The Contract for hire is between you as the Hirer and Patterdale Hall Estate Ltd. The Contract does not take effect until the Estate dispatches written Confirmation of your Booking to you. Your Deposit or Full Payment is accepted on the understanding that you have read and accepted the Conditions as detailed below.
1 Hire Terms. All terms are quoted in £ sterling per week occupied. As soon as your Booking is confirmed by the Estate in writing the hire terms are guaranteed with the exception of 2. Below.
2 V.A.T. Hire terms include V.A.T. at the current rate and are subject to change if the appropriate national V.A.T. rate changes.
3 Provisional Bookings Provisional Bookings will be held for five working days awaiting written Confirmation and the Deposit from you.
4 Deposits. A non-returnable Deposit of £100 per property per week booked is payable to secure the booking.
5 Balance of Payment Balance of Payment, which is non-refundable, is payable 60 days before the start of your holiday.
6 Last Minute Bookings. When Bookings are made less than 60 days before the start of your holiday the Full Rate is payable at the time of booking.
7 Number of Persons. The maximum number of persons allowed to sleep in each holiday home is shown in the Brochure. This number may not be exceeded and the Estate reserves the right to terminate hire without notice and without refund for breach of this condition.
8 Extras. Towels are available to hire at £2.50 per person for 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel.
9 Occupation. All holidays start at 3.30pm on arrival day. If the Estate is prevented by circumstances beyond its control from making the holiday home available and cannot provide a suitable alternative all monies paid by you will be refundable but no further liability can be accepted.
10 Departure. Your holiday home must be vacated by 10.30am on the final day of hire and must be left in a clean condition. Weekend bookings finish at 6pm on Sunday
11 Minors. Bookings from persons under 21 years cannot be accepted. At least one occupant must be over 21 years, be the responsible person and stay throughout the holiday.
12 Unsuitable Hirers. The Estate reserves the right to decline a Booking or refuse to hand over a holiday home to any person who, in its opinion, is not suited to take charge. In this case the hire terms paid shall be refunded in full and the Contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party. The Estate reserves the right to repossess the holiday home at any time where damage or nuisance has been caused by the Hirer or any member of the Hirer’s party or, in the opinion of the Estate, is likely to be caused by the Hirer or any member of the Hirer’s party. In such a case the Estate shall not be liable to make a refund of any portion of the hire terms paid
13 Modifications and Descriptions. Every effort is made to ensure that descriptions contained in the Brochure are correct. In the interest of continued improvements the Estate reserves the right to alter or delete furniture, fittings, amenities and facilities without prior notice.
14 Hirer’s Responsibilities. The Hirer is responsible for the holiday home and its equipment during the period of hire and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. You are advised to check on arrival and report any shortcomings, damage or missing items immediately to the Estate Office. The Hirer must undertake to report and pay for any damage caused to the holiday home, or for equipment lost, damaged, broken or stolen during the occupancy of the home. Unsuitable substitutes are not acceptable. All equipment, utensils etc must be left in a clean condition at the end of the hire period. You are expected to “leave as found”
15 Hirer’s Property. The Estate does not accept any liability for loss or damage to personal effects, baggage or vehicles belonging to the Hirer or any members of the Hirer’s party except in so far as the loss or damage arises from a substantial defect existing in the holiday home or its surrounds and which was known or should have been known to the Estate but for its negligence.
16 Disputes. Any disputes, difference or question which may arise out of the Contract or the subject matter thereof may be referred to a single arbitrator to be agreed upon between the parties (or failing agreement to be nominated by the President for the time being of the Law Society on the application of either party in accordance with the provision of the Arbitrator’s Act 1950 or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force). The above does not cancel the right of either party to use the less expensive small claims court procedure
17 Pets. Sorry, pets are no longer allowed in our properties or on the Chalet site.