Three cheers for the volunteers!
Put simply the estate simply would not be able to run effectively without the amazing work performed by volunteers. We are extremely lucky to have had over fifty amazing people who have kindly donated their time and effort by volunteering on the estate over the past two years.
They have worked their proverbial socks off to improve paths, gardens, hedges and whatever other tasks we’ve thrown their way. Virtually all of the volunteers thus far have enjoyed themselves so much that they have returned for more punishment!
What’s the deal?
We will provide self-catering accommodation in exchange for five hours volunteering per person per day with a day off if you stay five days or more; and if you have your own caravan or tourer then you’d only need to do three hours per day for a free pitch with electric hook-up (sorry, we don’t have toilets or a shower block on the caravan site). The jobs are generally outdoor ones, and we tailor the tasks to the individual so we’ll never take you out of your comfort zone or ask you to do anything that you don’t want to.
We would love to welcome more volunteers, so if you have the time and inclination and would like to find out more then please ring or email the estate.
On another note we are seeking an…
Estate General Assistant (Full Time, 5 days/40 hrs p/w)
We are seeking a dedicated, professional and self-motivated individual to join our small, friendly team
- The estate currently has 11 self-catering holiday homes, a small caravan site and many acres of woodland and paths, but is actively looking to expand its range of property and other business opportunities
- Duties include a mixture of maintenance, office tasks, marketing activities, project work, people management, gardening and housekeeping tasks working in a warm and welcoming atmosphere as part of a friendly team committed to providing excellent customer care
- Skills required include DIY experience and competence to perform general interior and exterior maintenance tasks though training will be given to develop existing skills.
- Basic IT skills and an aptitude to learn how to operate the booking system, Excel-based databases and process emails is essential.
- A full, clean driving license is essential
- Flexibility and a willingness to be contactable outside of office hours in case of emergency is required of all team members.
- The ideal candidate would live as close as possible to the Estate and must be within a 30-minute commute of Glenridding (CA11 0PJ).
- The job entails a probationary period of 6 months during which you will receive regular assessment, support and feedback.
- Starting salary £18k pa, with the potential to increase if successful.
- Package on successful completion of probationary period includes life assurance, pension scheme option, 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (or days off in lieu if a bank holiday if worked).
- As a wholly owned subsidiary of YMCA North Tyneside, you will be working for a charity and will be given the opportunity to play an active part in the wider organisation
- Saturdays are a busy and compulsory working day during the main season (Easter-Oct) but not essential in the quiet season (Nov-March)
- You will be offered development and training opportunities
Applications by 28 Jan 2017. Please contact Jon Holdsworth on 017684 82308
or email your CV to email@example.com